Have you ever given much thought to a mattress?
We love buying the best beds and put a lot of thought into getting the best design, style and colour of it. But would you ever sleep on a bed without a mattress? God, even thinking that hurts.
The mattress plays an important role in not just how your bed looks but also in your sleep experience.
Are you looking to buy a mattress in the UK? Well, here are so many types you could choose from!
Types of mattresses in the UK
Open spring mattress
This is also often called an “open coil” or “continuous coil” mattress. It is made up of a single piece of metal wire which is coiled into springs inside the mattress.
- Lightweight and easy to move around
- Cost-effective and easy to purchase if you are on a budget
- Provide a sturdy surface to sleep on
Overall, open spring mattresses are great and will help you sleep sound and relaxed.
Pocket spring mattress
This is another option like an open spring mattress. This type of mattress is made from individual springs, each covered in its own fabric. The springs move on independently of each other, hence offering more comfort than the open spring mattress.
- Slightly more expensive than an open spring mattress but still pocket friendly
- Come in different densities so cater to a lot of different preferences and needs
- Are breathable and ensure you stay cool and not sweaty during sleep
Pocket spring mattresses are a pocket-friendly, good option and will ensure a good night’s sleep.
An orthopaedic mattress is designed to keep you comfortable and special care is given to take care of your back and joints. Orthopaedic mattresses were developed in the 1950s after the importance of the need for back support was established.
They are great for back pain but they have a lot of other advantages as well.
- Helps in developing a healthy sleeping posture
- Beneficial for musculoskeletal problems
- Equal weight distribution across the mattress
Orthopaedic mattresses are an amazing buy and you will wake up happy and refreshed after your sleep. Orthopaedic mattresses help greatly with sleep and are extremely long-lasting. This means they offer a good value for money and are worth it.
These are basically mattresses on which a mattress topper is permanently attached to the top. They are one of the most comfortable mattresses available and provide really good sleep. They have become very popular in recent times and are considered a luxury mattress amongst many due to the extra level of comfort they provide.
- Equal weight distribution eliminates pressure points and makes sleep better and sound
- They usually do not retain heat and hence is good for people who have issues with temperature regulation
- Pretty good for side sleepers as they provide good balance because of how they are manufacture
In search of good mattresses on sale in the UK?
If you wake up from sleep and still feel tired or feel like you haven’t had a good enough sleep, it could be due to mattress issues. Either it’s too worn out or old, or it’s just not the right fit for you. Have you considered that it might be time for a new mattress?
We, at Samiraq, have a huge and amazing collection of beds and mattresses suited to your needs. Browse through our website to check out a huge variety of high-quality mattresses that will be sure to provide you with an easy, comfortable sleep.